- Google+ is a collaboration tool that lets you use social networking in different ways.
- You can have “circles” of people; e.g., friends, business associates, family.
- You can also create Hangouts, where you can video chat, share documents and conduct business.
- You can create a Hangout on the fly or in advance and restrict it to invitees only.
- A Hangout is limited to 15 participants.
- By reducing travel and in-person meetings, Google+ can reduce business costs.
- PLEASE NOTE:
Google requires all users of Google+ to be at least 13 years old.
- When prompted for your birth date, enter it very carefully.
- If you accidentally enter a date that indicates you are younger than 13, your entire G Suite account—including Gmail and Calendar—will be locked out.
- Before using this app to share student information, you may need to obtain your students’ consent as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- See FERPA Forms.
- All three functions of Google+ — social media, video conferencing and photo sharing — have accessibility problems.
- If your audience may contain someone who uses assistive technology, you should look for an alternative application:
- For video conferencing, WolfWare Collaborate is accessible.
- For social media, other forms of communication may be more appropriate.
- For photo sharing, other ways of sharing the pictures would be better.
Please give us your suggestions for G Suite @ NC State.