Team Drive is now available for users in our NC State domain, but a Team Drive must be requested rather than created by an end user. A Team Drive can be requested for a project, committee, department, or other team related purpose.
Please consider the following:
- A Team Drive is owned by the domain (NC State) rather than an individual.
- A Team Drive must initially identify a Team Drive “Organizer,” who will be given FULL access. The Organizer can add new members or groups, and correctly manage files and folders (creating, deleting). The Organizer can also give other team members FULL access.
- Folders and documents stored in a Team Drive can be accessed by all members of that Team Drive.
- Folder permissions are granted at the Team level.
- Individual file permissions can be different for non-team individuals, but Folder permissions cannot.
- For more efficient management of your Team Drive, OIT recommends that you create a G Suite Group via Web Registry for your team members if you do not already have one.
- Information in Team Drive is stored in Vault for e-discovery and retention.
- As with Google Drive, Team Drives are approved as a cloud storage option for Red Level Data and below. See Determining Sensitivity Levels for Shared Data for details.
- NC State may modify Team Drive settings for NC State compliance purposes.
For more about the differences between Team Drive and My Drive, visit:
You must log in to complete this request.