- Gmail is the official email provider for all NC State students, faculty and staff.
- The preferred browser for Gmail is Chrome.
- For general email topics; e.g., forwarding, official university email, see Email and Calendaring.
- See: Get started with Gmail
Gmail on your mobile device
- For easiest mobile access to your Gmail, download the Gmail app.
- Sync your mail, contacts, calendar, and more.
- Assistive technology users may want to use one of the following:
- See Google’s accessibility products and features and scroll to the Gmail section.
- Google Workspace user guide to accessibility
- Your NC State Google Workspace account uses your Unity email address; i.e.,
- Email sent to or from an email alias; i.e.,
will reach its destination and an alias can also be used when scheduling in Google Workspace calendar or sharing documents.
- Gmail on your mobile device
- For easiest access, download the Gmail App from your mobile service provider.
- Syncing between the Web and your devices.
See What is Google Sync? to sync your mail, contacts, calendar and more and choose the Gmail link.
- Using Filters in Gmail
- How to set up Gmail delegation (YouTube video 2:34)
- Out of Office or Vacation Reply (Automated Reply, Vacation Responder).
- Templates (formerly Canned responses)
- Gmail Confidential Mode announced – OIT News July 10, 2019.See Send & open confidential emails.
- Google Training at NC State (REPORTER)
- Google Workspace Learning Center: Gmail training and help
- Gmail Help Community
- Gmail Help Center
- Download your Data
- NC State IT Service Portal
Before using this app to share student information, you may need to obtain your students’ consent as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). See FERPA Forms.
Please give us your suggestions for Google Workspace @ NC State.