Many Google products can offer additional functionality when combined with a third-party app, an application created by an individual developer or company that isn’t the vendor of the product or service or the device the app runs on (e.g., not Google).
Google has many third-party apps available to use with their products, and many of these have been made available in NC State’s G Suite domain. Whether or not an app can be made available depends on several factors, including a review of the app’s Terms of Service, a security review to understand the permissions the app is asking for, and any other items to note (e.g., cost, which typically makes it harder to approve, since the app would have to be campus-wide).
To see if an app is already available in our domain, search the Reviewed Clickwraps (i.e., search on “Google” or the specific app name; e.g., “Form Publisher”).
To request a third-party app, fill out the Suggestion Form to start the review process.
Support for third-party apps
The NC State Help Desk provides only limited support for third-party apps. Users accept the risk for installing and using these apps. Often the best support option is visiting the app’s website or searching Google’s support pages.
Questions should be directed to the NC State Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919.515.4357).
Third-party apps available for campus
The Office of Information Technology has site licensed two apps for campus that provide assistance with some of our more commonly requested tasks. This list of third party apps is not exhaustive, and more will be added at a later date.
- YAMM is a Gmail add-on that allows users to perform a mail merge. It’s simple and easy to use, customizable and can automatically send emails to up to 1,500 recipients per day.
- OIT has purchased an Enterprise license for campus.
- A Google Forms add-on that is easy to use and lets you turn submitted forms into Google documents (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Microsoft documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and/or PDFs.
- Also allows for automatically sharing or routing your generated files to a predefined mailing list for approvals and sign-offs.
- OIT has purchased a Business Premium license for campus.