Google Maps is a web mapping app that offers:
- street maps
- a route planner for traveling by foot, car, bike, or public transportation
- an urban business locator for numerous countries.
It powers many map-based services, including:
- Google Maps website
- Google Ride Finder
- Google Transit
- Maps embedded on third-party websites via the Google Maps API.
Google Maps satellite images are not updated in real time, so they are several months or years old.
- By their very nature, maps cause accessibility problems for some individuals.
- It is acceptable to use maps, but you should plan for conveying equivalent information to certain users, notably visually impaired users.
- Before using this app to share student information, you may need to obtain your students’ consent as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- See FERPA Forms.
Please give us your suggestions for G Suite @ NC State.