In Google Workspace @ NC State, Contacts (also known as Google Apps Directory, Global Address List, Global Address Book) allows you to easily find persons to collaborate with; e.g., send email, share documents, invite to events.
Contents of NC State Contacts
- All users of Google Workspace @ NC State except those with privacy blocks. See Personal Information and Privacy.
- Additional contacts that administrators have approved; e.g., generic accounts, Google Workspace Groups
Accessing NC State Contacts
- To access your contacts and contact groups, choose an option:
- In a Chrome Browser window, click the Apps Launcher Contacts.
- In any browser window, go to contacts.google.com.
- Click a contact name to view their details, such as email address, phone number, or a directory profile.
- When you search within Contacts, results from your personal Contacts will appear first, followed by results from NC State Contacts.
- The NC State Contacts list is automatically invoked to autofill certain fields in:
- Gmail (e.g., To:, CC:, BCC:)
- Calendar (e.g., when sending invitations; Add: Guests)
- Drive (e.g., when sharing Docs; Share list)
Requesting an addition to NC State Contacts
- You may submit a request to add any of the following to NC State Contacts:
- email address
- generic account
- Google Workspace Group
- You may submit a request as part of the creation and management process for a generic account or a Google Workspace Group at Web Registry.
- You may also submit a request for other types of contacts at Web Registry.
When requesting an addition, you will be prompted to enter:
- Display Name (First and Last)
- Email Address
- Brief Description
- Entry Type; e.g., External Contact, Service Contact
Examples of entries that will be considered for addition to NC State Contacts
- Google Workspace calendars that should be viewable by all of campus
- Email aliases for certain campus services
- Non-Google Workspace mailing lists
For additional information about NC State Contacts within Google Workspace @ NC State, contact the NC State IT Service Portal.