In G Suite @ NC State, Contacts (also known as Google Apps Directory, Global Address List, Global Address Book) allows you to easily find persons to collaborate with; e.g., send email, share documents, invite to events.
Contents of NC State Contacts
- All users of G Suite @ NC State except those with privacy blocks. See Personal Information and Privacy.
- Additional contacts that administrators have approved; e.g., generic accounts, G Suite Groups
Accessing NC State Contacts
- Within Gmail, in the upper left of the window,
click on the down arrow by the word Mail.
- From the drop-down menu, select Contacts.
- When you search within Contacts, results from your personal Contacts will appear first, followed by results from NC State Contacts.
- The NC State Contacts list is automatically invoked to autofill certain fields in:
- Gmail (e.g., To:, CC:, BCC:)
- Calendar (e.g., when sending invitations; Add: Guests)
- Drive (e.g., when sharing Docs; Share list)
Requesting an addition to NC State Contacts
- You may submit a request to add any of the following to NC State Contacts:
- email address
- generic account
- G Suite Group
- You may submit a request as part of the creation and management process for a generic account or a G Suite Group at Web Registry.
- You may also submit a request for other types of contacts at Web Registry.
When requesting an addition, you will be prompted to enter:
- Display Name (First and Last)
- Email Address
- Brief Description
- Entry Type; e.g., External Contact, Service Contact
Examples of entries that will be considered for addition to NC State Contacts
- G Suite calendars that should be viewable by all of campus
- Email aliases for certain campus services
- Non-G Suite mailing lists
For additional information about NC State Contacts within G Suite @ NC State, contact the NC State IT Service Portal.