Meet replaces Classic Hangouts video calls with no option to switch back.
- Supported platforms:
- Chrome and Firefox web browsers
- Android, iOS, Chrome devices
- Dial-in phone number and dial-out capability
- Allow external invitees with one click
(invitee does not need a Gmail account).
- Start a video meeting by:
- visiting meet.google.com
- adding a meeting to the “Add Conferencing” field in a Google Calendar event
- selecting “Start a meeting” from the sidebar in Gmail
- Join a video meeting from:
- Screen sharing and screencasting
- Ability to send chat messages in video meeting
- Optional live captioning
- Quick video introducing how to use these new features (YouTube, 1:41)
- Up to 250 participants
- Up to 100,000 live streaming viewers (each must have @ncsu.edu account).
- Meeting recording
- Google has made these extended features available for free through September 30, 2020, but we expect to make them permanent in the NC State domain before that date.
Works only with:
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge browsers
- Mobile apps available for iOS and Android
- Google Training (REPORTER)
- New Features in Google [Hangouts] Meet for 2020 (YouTube, 1:41)
- Google Meet Help
- Meet training and help
- NC State Help Desk
Please give us your suggestions for G Suite @ NC State.