- Terms of Service
- G Suite address
- Email Basics
- Spam and viruses
- Popular Gmail features
- Email groups and lists
- Email Archiving
- Move mail from your personal Gmail to your NC State Gmail account
- Support links
- Student consent?
- Gmail is the official email provider for all NC State students, faculty and staff.
- The preferred browser for Gmail is Chrome.
- For general email topics; e.g., forwarding, official university email, see Email and Calendaring.
- Your NC State G Suite account uses your Unity email address; i.e.,
- Email sent to or from an email alias; i.e.,
will reach its destination, but you must use a person’s Unity email address in order to share G Suite Calendars or to chat with that person at NC State.
- Gmail on your mobile device
- For easiest access, download the Gmail App from your mobile service provider.
- Syncing between the Web and your devices.
See Sync your mail, contacts, calendar and more and choose the Gmail link.
- Using Filters in Gmail
- How to set up Gmail delegation (YouTube video 2:34)
- Out-of-Office or Vacation Reply (Automated Reply, Vacation Responder).
See also Canned response.
- Gmail Confidential Mode. (See also OIT News July 10, 2019).
Faculty, staff and graduate students can receive email related to a particular topic or from a particular group and can send email to a list of interested parties. For details, see:
- Comparison of Google Groups (Core and Consumer Apps)
- Introduction to Email List Services Using MajorDomo2
See also: Generic Account
In your personal Gmail account:
- In the upper right of your screen, click the gear icon.
- Click Settings.
- On the Settings page, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- In the POP Download section:
- For 1. Status:
Select Enable POP for all mail.
(even mail that’s already been downloaded).
- For 2. When messages are accessed with POP:
Click on the dropdown and select the desired option.
- For 1. Status:
In your G Suite @ NC State Gmail account:
- In the upper right of your screen, click on the gear icon.
- Click Mail settings.
- On the Settings page, select Accounts.
- In the Check mail from other accounts section, click:
Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Follow the instructions to add your personal Gmail account information.
If you want to easily identify the emails that come from your personal account, then:
Label incoming messages.
- Click on the dropdown arrow.
- Scroll down and select:
- Create the desired label.
- Assistive technology users may want to use one of the following:
- See the Gmail section of Google’s accessibility products and features.
- Gmail Help Center
- Gmail Help Forum
- G Suite Learning Center: Gmail
- Google Training at NC State (REPORTER)
- Download your Data
- NC State Help Desk
Before using this app to share student information, you may need to obtain your students’ consent as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). See FERPA Forms.
Please give us your suggestions for G Suite @ NC State.