- Gmail is the official email provider for all NC State students, faculty and staff.
- The preferred browser for Gmail is Chrome.
- For general email topics; e.g., forwarding, official university email, see Email and Calendaring.
- Your NC State G Suite account uses your Unity email address; i.e.,
- Email sent to or from an email alias; i.e.,
will reach its destination and an alias can also be used when scheduling in G Suite calendar or sharing documents.
- Gmail on your mobile device
- For easiest access, download the Gmail App from your mobile service provider.
- Syncing between the Web and your devices.
See Sync your mail, contacts, calendar and more and choose the Gmail link.
- Using Filters in Gmail
- How to set up Gmail delegation (YouTube video 2:34)
- Out-of-Office or Vacation Reply (Automated Reply, Vacation Responder).
See also Canned response.
- Gmail Confidential Mode. (See also OIT News July 10, 2019).
- Assistive technology users may want to use one of the following:
- See the Gmail section of Google’s accessibility products and features.
- Gmail Help Center
- Gmail Help Forum
- G Suite Learning Center: Gmail
- Google Training at NC State (REPORTER)
- Download your Data
- NC State Help Desk
Before using this app to share student information, you may need to obtain your students’ consent as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). See FERPA Forms.
Please give us your suggestions for G Suite @ NC State.