- Terms of Service
- G Suite address
- Email Basics
- Spam and viruses
- Popular Gmail features
- Email groups and lists
- Email Archiving
- Move mail from your personal Gmail to your NC State Gmail account
- Support links
- Student consent?
- Gmail is the official email provider for all NC State students, faculty and staff.
- The preferred browser for Gmail is Chrome.
- For general email topics; e.g., forwarding, official university email, see Email and Calendaring.
- Your NC State G Suite account uses your Unity email address; i.e.,
- Email sent to or from an email alias; i.e.,
will reach its destination, but you must use a person’s Unity email address in order to share G Suite Calendars or to chat with that person at NC State.
- Gmail on your mobile device
- For easiest access, download the Gmail App from your mobile service provider.
- Syncing between the Web and your devices.
See Sync your mail, contacts, calendar and more and choose the Gmail link.
- Using Filters in Gmail
- How to set up Gmail delegation (YouTube video 2:34)
- Out-of-Office or Vacation Reply (Automated Reply, Vacation Responder).
See also Canned response.
- Gmail Confidential Mode. (See also OIT News July 10, 2019).
Faculty, staff and graduate students can receive email related to a particular topic or from a particular group and can send email to a list of interested parties. For details, see:
- Comparison of Google Groups (Core and Consumer Apps)
- Introduction to Email List Services Using MajorDomo2
See also: Generic Account
In your personal Gmail account:
- In the upper right of your screen, click the gear icon.
- Click Settings.
- On the Settings page, select Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- In the POP Download section:
- For 1. Status:
Select Enable POP for all mail.
(even mail that’s already been downloaded).
- For 2. When messages are accessed with POP:
Click on the dropdown and select the desired option.
- For 1. Status:
In your G Suite @ NC State Gmail account:
- In the upper right of your screen, click on the gear icon.
- Click Mail settings.
- On the Settings page, select Accounts.
- In the Check mail from other accounts section, click:
Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Follow the instructions to add your personal Gmail account information.
If you want to easily identify the emails that come from your personal account, then:
Label incoming messages.
- Click on the dropdown arrow.
- Scroll down and select:
- Create the desired label.
- Assistive technology users may want to use one of the following:
- See the Gmail section of Google Accessibility: Products and Features.
- Gmail Help Center
- Gmail Help Forum
- G Suite Learning Center: Gmail
- Google Training at NC State (REPORTER)
- Download your Data
- NC State Help Desk
- Before using this app to share student information, you may need to obtain your students’ consent as required by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- See FERPA Forms.
Please give us your suggestions for G Suite @ NC State.